Brijesh - TLAB Member Introduction Post

Brijesh Patel Intro Post -

Hey Everyone my name is Brijesh, I'm one of the long time members here at TLAB. I’m a snowboarder and (sometimes) a cyclist, i love to binge watch shows on netflix and hang out with my friends on the weekends. like many of our members I've been interested in the market since I was young and opened a brokerage account in early 2014. I was just spinning my wheels for about a year before I came across Kunal’s bulls on wallstreet on youtube and decided to sign up for his bootcamp. I went through the BOWS with Kevin, Miles and a couple others here. BOWS is where i learned alot of the basics. 

I then spent about 6 months on the simulator practicing what i had learned until i felt confident in my abilities. I joined the clique fund when I thought I thought I was ready to go live and blew up my account in a few short months and then did the same thing lasting twice as long the next time around. After that I decided to give it a go on my own which worked out a little better for me, i started with a small account day trading around the pdt rule which meant i could only take a few trades a week, I think that was the thing that kept me from over trading and blowing up my account a third time. After a while i got invited to a chat by a friend and it turns out that some of the guys i went through bootcamp with were the ones that had started it we worked together to learn from and keep each other in check. Since then we’ve all tweaked and refined our own strategies but for the most part have stuck to the basics. The biggest and best part of TLAB is the teamwork and camaraderie and i think it’s what has made all of us better traders.

I currently work full time at the family business and I, like many of us here, am lucky enough to be able to trade while I work. I have a spare monitor at work that i keep my charts up on throughout the day. Over the course of my time with TLAB I’ve switched from daytrading to swing trading and my success has taken off from there. My account is still relatively small so I trade infrequently, holding my positions from weeks to months at a time.  the one setup i trade the most is the pullback to support. It’s a simple setup but its common, easy to use and has served me well. From time to time i will trade other setups but the pullback to support is my favorite, in a future post ill discuss why i like it and what i look for when making a decision to enter a trade.

Comments

Popular Posts